4 tips for buying a good-quality, carry-with-everything bag:
- When shopping, wear the kind of clothes you'll typically have on with your bag. If you're looking for a bag to use in the summer, try it with a tank to be sure that it's comfortable against bare skin.
- To get a sense of what a large bag will look and feel like in action, drop your own bag inside, so you're sure it won't lose its shape when it's full of your stuff.
- Do a reality test: Walk with it squished under your arm, see if it tips over when you set it down, and undo the closures-one-handed and as quickly as possible.
- Make sure you're getting what you paid for. Look for solid-feeling and sound-functioning hardware; pockets that open and close cleanly; and secure, even stitching.
More from Lucky:
- How to Shop Like a Celeb on a Budget
- How to Look Your Best in Jeans
The Sexiest, Most Affordable Shoes for Fall
- Sales Report: Online Markdowns You Don't Want to Miss