Blake Lively-we're so jealous of you. Though we're not exactly on a first-name basis, what we do know is that you have flawless skin, an annoyingly perfect smile and great hair. Not to mention that when the ball drops this New Year's Eve, you will be kissing Penn Badgley and we will be in a crowded loft party most likely running away from the drunkest boy at the party. But thus is life.
You can admit it, you're jealous of Ms. Lively too, whether she's stringing along Nate Archibald on Gossip Girl or sharing a denim sisterhood. That hair! If we had long, Rapunzel-ish hair like that we'd rule the world, or at least turn some heads on the crosstown subway! The gene pool really pulled together for Lively and though it's not her fault, we shall remain silently beauty envious of her.
If you are blessed in the hair department like Lively and are looking for an easy updo to ring in 2010, a side ponytail is the perfect way to go about that. Celebrity hairstylist Raphael Reboh gives us four easy tips to master this updo without having to resort to the professionals, or curling up in the fetal position and giving up on our hair.
- Apply moose or curling gel to damp hair, like Bumble and Bumble's Curl Conscious Curling Foam.
- Flip your hair forward and blow dry with a diffuser.
- Loosely gather your hair into a low ponytail, and pull slightly to one side. Try Goody Ouchless Hair Elastics to keep hair snug, without pulls or rips.
- Pull out strands to frame the face. Lively, watch out!
- Fix Any Hair Disaster
- The 33 Best Beauty Products of All Time
- Find a Great Haircut for the New Year
- 50 Best Hairstyle Secrets
- Read About the Best (and Worst) Beauty Looks on TV