By Tracey Lomrantz, Glamour magazine
Reader Katie, AKA "Cardigan Girl" writes to us,
"On my first date with my now-boyfriend, he surprised me with a giant belt buckle from Texas. It was part of an inside joke that we had while we were flirting (he frequently travels there for business) and I thought it was hilarious. Flash forward three and a half months: I am flying to Texas for Martin Luther King weekend to visit him while he is there for business. I want to wear the belt buckle for my flight out and our first dinner in the Longhorn State, but am not sure how to pull it off. Western attire is definitely not my standard cardigan and camisole style, but I am willing to give it a shot because I know he'll get a big kick out of it. Ideas??"
First of all...how cute! And second of all, there is definitely an easy and chic way to wear this thing and still look fabulous. In the spirit of Texas, I suggest you grab the bull by the horns (sorry!) and go all-American.
1. Start with a crisp white blouse. I frequently wear one when I travel because it's comfortable and lightweight, yet it makes you look completely sophisticated. It's also the perfect simple backdrop for a statement-making belt:
2. Add a pair of dark-wash jeans (any holes or distressing will take this look straight into costume territory).
3. Accessorize with flat brown boots (bonus if they're of the cowgirl variety), a pair of pearl stud earrings, and a slouchy caramel-colored carryall bag, and we guarantee your boyfriend will be melting when he sees you at the gate.
I hope that helps, Katie, and have a blast visiting your boyfriend! Got a style problem that needs solving? Upload your query here or leave it in the comments section below, and we'll have you looking chic in no time!
More from Glamour:
- How to Find Your Body's Best Jeans
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- Why He Hasn't Proposed (Yet)
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
Photo Credit: zappos.com