Although sometimes a tad scary, a colorful lip is a great way to pack some punch - especially if you're like me with see-through fair skin and a wardrobe consisting of 95% black. Here are some helpful tips we learned backstage at fashion shows:
1. Get an awesome mascara. You'll definitely want to pump up your lashes to build contrast between your eyes and lips. Stick to black, brown, or navy.
RELATED: Beauty Trends to Try Now
2. Don't be afraid to wear face makeup, but avoid blush. Tinted moisturizer, translucent powder, and a touch of concealer are fine, but you don't want to look like you're part of the circus.
3. Reapply the right way. You want your color to last all day, but that may require a quick redo after meals. Be sure to blot your lips, dab a touch of concealer around your lip line, and swipe away. -Jessica Prince
RELATED: Editors Test Bright Lipstick Shades Every Day this Month
More from Harper's Bazaar:
- Look Younger Without Having Work Done
- Supermodels Without Makeup
- Naked Celebrities - Unretouched!
The Best Celeb Hairstyles and How to Copy the Look
- Photos: Celebs Before Stylists
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.