Time Life Pictures/DMI/Time Life Pictures/Getty; JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP/GettyOf all of Madonna's many memorable looks, one of the most iconic is her cone bra. Originally designed by Jean Paul Gaultier, the bras became the costume staple from the singer's 1990s Blonde Ambition tour, and they have staying power to this day: Two of them sold at a Christie's auction in London for nearly $80,000. Gaultier's fringed candy-striped couture corset (shown, inset) was originally expected to fetch between $16,000 and $24,000, but raked in more than double that, with an anonymous bidder shelling over $52,000 for the piece, The Guardian reports. The same private bidder paid more than $26,000 for the two-piece black Lycra piece, shown. Private "Vogue"-off, anyone?
Plus, see Madonna's MDNA tour looks!
• More about Madonna's Auctioned Cone Bras!
• Madonna's Newest Fragrance: In Stores Now
• Shop the Exact Lipstick Madonna Used on Tour
• Watch the Video: Madonna's Tour Costumes
• See Madonna's Transformation!