By Kerri Winick, GalTime.com
Here at GalTime, we're launching a brand new column: The Quick Quiz.
We'll be sending celebrities, top designers, beauty-licious beauty mavens, and more ten "quick" questions to answer. Maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about your favorite A-listers!
The first to take on our Quick Quiz is Melissa Rivers. You may know her best as Joan's outspoken daughter, but she's also a reality TV maven, author, producer, host, spokesperson, and member of E!'s famed Fashion Police…just to name a few! Now, she's now adding designer to her all-star resume!
That's right! Rivers is teaming up with Zappos.com and it's private label, The Cool People, for a chic and trendy spring/summer collection. Rivers says it was inspired by her desire to create pieces that "would fit easily into her everyday wardrobe and busy lifestyle." Think breezy high-low dresses, ruffle blouses, and tailored shorts. (Top: Jaimie Dress, $65; Bottom: Johanna Top, $49; Lola Shorts, $55)
Related: Spring into Summer Dresses
Johanna Top Lola Shorts
Pieces range anywhere from $59.00-$129.00, and a percentage of sales from Melissa Rivers for The Cool People will give back to her chosen charity; The WaterKeepers, an organization dedicated to preserving and protecting water. Exclusive to Zappos.com, the collection will launch on June 8th.
Looking good and feeling good. What's better, ladies? Now, on to the Quick Quiz!
1. Describe your new collection in 5 words or less: Classics updated, touch of trend. (5 words are hard. I am used to 140 characters!)
Related: Our Favorite Styles All Under $50!
2. Describe the woman who will wear your Cool People collection in 5 words or less: Smart, cool, young, older, awesome!
3. Favorite item in the collection? I can't pick my favorite child! Most useful is the black pant, but I'm in love with Jaimie and Lisa dresses.
4. Item of clothing you can't live without? My Current Elliot boyfriend jeans.
5. What do you consider to be the biggest fashion faux-pas? Letting you clothes wear you, and bad tailoring.
6. Item every gal should have in her closet and why: Every woman needs a go to dress or pants that can be transformed from day to night. Think of these items as a basic uniform that can be anything you need it to be with different accessories and shoes. It is a life saver when you are on the go.
7. Celeb style inspiration? Beyonce, Cate Blanchett, and I love Cameron Diaz's style. I just saw her on a red eye flight, and she looked so pulled together, yet totally comfortable and real.
8. Celebrity who needs the most fashion help? It changes all the time. Watch Fashion Police on E! and find out. I'm the Executive Producer, and yes, that was a shameless plug.
9. Favorite designer? In my personal wardrobe I have a lot of Michael Kors and Fendi right now. It is always changing. I also love Elizabeth and James.
10. One thing people would be surprised to know about you? I have to change my clothes a lot in my car. I'm a working single mom to a very active 11 year old boy, so between my work and his schedule, there is not a lot of free time to make it home during the day. I'm always quickly putting something on that I can sit in bleachers in. Between my stuff and his stiff I always say, "I am a sherpa and my car is my yak."
(PS: The Cool People has previously teamed up with Stuart Weitzman, Steve Madden, and Trust Your Journey, and has a line with Betsey Johnson in the works for Fall 2012. Keep your eyes peeled! )More from GalTime:
- Summer Swimsuits for Any Body Type
- Tips for Pulling Off Floral Prints
- 11 Ways to Save Money on Shoes
- How to Create a Navy Smokey Eye