Getty ImagesAs the Fashion + Beauty editor here on Shine, I comb through all of your posts looking for fun user contributions to feature and share with the community. Sadly, I haven't seen as many user posts lately. And I WANT to feature your posts! Shine is very unique in that we have a forum where expert bloggers and readers alike can speak their minds, and I want to make sure that you are being heard. Don't be shy!
Reading your thoughtful, funny, and often helpful comments on blog posts are what I love most Shine, but I would love for you guys to share even more. Every time one of you writes about your fashion obsession, has a question about eye makeup, or needs help finding a pale yellow bridesmaid dress in two weeks, I feature the post. (Hope you found something, Katie!) Now I want to promote a post of yours.
Getty ImagesTo get the ball rolling, here are some topics you could write about:
- A new trend that you love, or completely hate
- Your favorite new makeup item that you can't believe you lived without
- A fashion, beauty, or celeb ad campaign that bothers you
- An awesome deal you found at a store
- Your frustration over a bad haircut you got
- Beautiful fashion photos that you find inspiring
- A new mascara that was a waste of money
- Celebs on the red carpet
- Makeup or fashion tips you want to share
Getty ImagesYou can also pose questions to others in your own blog post. Shiners love pitching in with ideas to help! Some potential ideas for questions could be:
- Help! What should I wear when I meet my boyfriend's parents for the first time?
- Which brand of moisturizer works the best?
- What's the best way to hide the bags under my eyes?
- Where can I buy a cute one-piece bathing suit?
- Should I go blonde?
- Which shade of lipstick will work best on my skin tone?
- What products will eliminate frizz in my hair?
- Where can I find pretty jewelry to give my kid's teacher for under $30?
- How can I get rid of my acne?
- Should I wear a dress or pants to my big job interview?
Hopefully these topics will get your blog motor running. If you write a great post, I promise I will feature it here in Fashion + Beauty. I will comment on it, and I will promote it so others will comment on it as well. Think of Shine as a go-to resource for anything you want to discuss about style or makeup. You have thousands of ladies at your disposal--take advantage of that. I'm going to start using this forum for fashion and beauty help, and I am enlisting the other Shine editors to do the same. Healthy Living editor Jessica Ashley needs your help finding a clutch for a wedding. Let's get the discussion going!
If you have any question or concerns on how to write a blog post, upload a picture, or what types of topics you should write about, please let me know in the comments. As someone who blogs on Shine every day, I can assure you it is incredibly fun and easy once you get the hang of it.
Thanks for listening, and I look forward to reading your posts!