Actress Rachel McAdams looked sophisticated with upswept hair, wearing red on the red carpet at the Morning Glory premiere in Berlin the other night.
Rachel wore a red Michael Kors halter gown with a criss-cross belt and Giles & Brother silver hoop earrings. Her hair was pulled up in a pretty tousled, textured updo.
Sebastian stylist Thomas Dunkin crafted Rachel's sexy updo for the red carpet. Read on to find out how to get this hairstyle.
More from The Stir: New Astrological Signs Mean Your Tattoo Is Wrong
For those of you who want Rachel's soft and ravishing updo, Thomas Dunkin shares his step-by-step styling tips so you can re-create the hairstyle at home:
1. For hair-raising root volume, begin by spraying volume-building spray gel to the roots of the hair and brush it through the ends with a Mason Pearson hairbrush.
2. Use a round brush to smooth the hair and wrap 3" sections in small Velcro rollers. Hold each section vertically away from the head for maximum lift at the roots.
3. Once the whole head has been set and allowed to cool, take each section out and backcomb heavily at the roots leaving the rest of the hair straight. Lightly spray brushable lightweight control hairspray into the backcombed sections.
More from The Stir: Anne Hathaway and Her Unusual Updo: Love It or Hate It?
4. Brush the sides of the hair back and twist the sides and back section into a classic French twist.
5. Exaggerate the height on top and leave the fringe that doesn't reach to the back section to gently sweep across the front of the face.
6. To slightly mess the look to give it a more disheveled, modern feel, run your hands through the hair.
7. To add beautiful sheen without losing any volume, finish the look using thermal protection spray conditioner.
Personally, I would have like to see a little more looser volume on the sides here, but overall, Rachel looks fantastic.
What do you think of Rachel's premiere night hairstyle?
Written by Sheri Reed for CafeMom's blog, The Stir.
More from The Stir:
Salon Shampoo vs. Supermarket Shampoo: Is There Really a Difference?
Is It Abusive to Chemically Treat Your Child's Hair?
Nicole Kidman Confesses Botox Use and Looks Human Again
Image via SplashNews