The sky's the limit with these new shoes.
- Erin Donnelly, BettyConfidential.comVertigo, schmertigo. A fear of heights is worth conquering for the sake of road-testing this season's hottest footwear trend: towering triple-platform heels which boast three layers: upper, midsole and outsole, all thickly stacked to give your style a major boost-literally. To help kick things off, so to speak, we've hand-picked 10 fab finds for this look favoured by stars like Kate Hudson, Jessica Simpson, Rachel Zoe and Anne Hathaway. And remember: Don't be a high heel hero. Keep some bandages and a backup pair of comfy flats (ballet flats can easily fold up into a purse) on hand should your heel snap, your feet ache, or your trip-induced concrete sandwich prove to be more than you bargained for.
1. Pelle Moda Rad Platform Sandal.
Jump into spring with this foxy leather sandal. It's great for everyday wear and the metallic midsole provides a luxury accent. We'd pair this pump with a printed sheath dress and wooden bangles to nail this season's tribal trend ($96.77, endless.com).
2. AMI Clubwear brown snake hidden platform pump.
Pump it up in this snakeskin-effect round-toed heel. The chain detail gives the shoe a jolt of glamour without being overly flashy. Wild enough for the club, but neutral enough for the corner office too-if your boss is down with five-inch heels, that is ($25.99, amiclubwear.com).
3. Nine West Ultrafresh Platform Peep Toe.
This triple-decker peep-toe sling back features cream, gray and black shades in a slick patent finish-call it the Neapolitan of shoes. These babies were made for your favorite sassy little black dress ($153.85, asos.com).
4. Miss Me Ingrid 1 Sling back Platform Pump.
Going up! Achieve maximum elevation with this chunky triple-platform sling back. The peep-toe helps up the sexiness factor as you flash your new pedicure ($44.95, dsw.com).
5. Casadei 3504 Pump.
Anne Hathaway was just seen on the Valentine's Day red carpet in these statuesque heels, which have really kick-started the trend. This celeb essential-sports a five and a one quarter inch heel, with a high price tag to match. Go on, you're worth it ($590 - $630, endless.com).
6. Aldo Lafratta.
This vampy black patent platform includes a layer of snakeskin-style texturing and a revealing peep-toe ($99.98, aldoshoes.com).
7. Qupid Haze.
Give the trend a wedge twist with this towering gladiator sandal. Wood-effect midsole breaks up a chunky cream heel, while the gold-studded leather exudes rocker chic ($29.99, tillys.com).
8. MICHAEL Michael Kors Townsend Oxfords.
Even menswear-inspired oxfords aren't immune from the triple-platform trend. This all-seasons lace-up shoe gets a modern update thanks to cut-out details, a 5-inch heel and 1-inch stacked platform and a funky Lucite midsole ($115.50, Bloomingdales.com).
9. Jessica Simpson Koolia.
Jessica Simpson's a fan of Casadei's stacked platforms, so it's no surprise her own footwear line is getting in on the action. Go glam in this metallic cut-out sandal features a zipper down the front, stud details and a layered 1 ½-inch platform ($79.98, lovemyshoes.com).
10. Charles David Shizzle Peep-Toe Platform.
This cork-accented platform can be semi-conservative or club-ready. It all depends on how you accessorize it ($128.70-$146.36, endless.com).
Tell Us: Will you buy a pair of triple platform heels?
Erin Donnelly is a London-based fashion writer who has written for StyleList and Refinery 29.
Spring Trend Alert: 10 Best Sheer Looks
Gotta Have It & Win It! Sothys Skincare Package
- Don't Pity Sandra Bullock!