If you were worried about Ralph Lauren overspending on his collection of fancy vintage cars, don't. / Getty Im …We often hear about which retail chains are doing well during the recession, but just how much do the top fashion CEOs make? Millions. Women's Wear Daily ran down a list of the top 10 earners in 2010, and the amounts are jarring. Take a look at the year's highest salaries, which include bonuses, stock options and other compensations.
- Michael Jeffries, Abercrombie and Fitch: $36.3 Million. And to think, all we got was a popped collar and a case of bedbugs.
- Glen Senk, Urban Outfitters: $29.9 Million. Urban has beat the recession, but in order to see the money himself, Senk must stay with the company till 2015.
- Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren: $27.7 Million. People refer to the whole style as "polo" shirts. This guy is loaded.
- Roger Farah, Polo Ralph Lauren: $19.3 Million. He's only the COO and president, but he makes more than most CEOs. Not bad!
- James O'Donnell, American Eagle Outfitters: $17.9 Million. Remember when Aerie stores launched? There's already 137 of them. 1,101 AE stores total. Yowza.
- Carol Meyerowitz, TJX Cos. (includes TJ Maxx, Marshall's): $17.4 Million. With that kind of money she could buy everything in these discount shops.
- Terry Lundgren, Macy's: $16.1 Million. The department store is still going strong after 152 years.
- Julian Geiger, Aeropostale: $13.5 Million. Sporty/preppy teen wear sells really well. We think we're getting it now.
- Mark Parker, Nike: $13.1 Million. That's a lot of dough, but Michael Jordan, the namesake of their popular sneakers, is worth $525 million.
- Emanuel Chirico, Phillips-Van Heusen (includes Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Izod): $12.6 Million. By the looks of Tommy Hilfiger's apartment, this guy must be living large.
How much money a model really makes
Celebs Who Ruined Their Finances (And How to Save Your Own)
5 secrets of the highest paid women
A Fashion Pronunciation Guide