By Pia Bhattacharya, SELF magazine
The wondrous powers of the acai berry have been the buzz for quite some time now. It's found in everything from smoothies to face creams and touted for its high levels of antioxidants. But there's another secret ingredient being whispered about lately, arnica...
Arnica has been used for centuries to help heal bruises and sprains because of its anti-inflammatory properties. It promotes skin regeneration and stimulates blood circulation which helps white blood cells remove fluid from an injury; making it great for swollen or puffy skin and dark circles. Arnica can be found in products for your head to your toes.
1. Concealer: Tarte Eraser, $21, has arnica flower extract to help soothe skin and reduce dark undereye circles.
2. Hair: Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-in Conditioner, $22, uses arnica to seal off the hair cuticle for a smooth, frizz-free finish.
3. Bronzing Moisturizer: DuWop Revolution SPF 15, $28, gives skin a subtle bronze shimmer and contains arnica to reduce puffiness as well as firm and tone.
4. Body: Fresh Brown Sugar Scrub, $38 (7 oz.) invigorates skin with real sugar crystals and has arnica extract to improve circulation and soothe muscles.
5. L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream, $26, helps ease achy feet using arnica extract to promote circulation and reduce inflammation.
More from SELF:
- Try these superfoods for flat abs!
Check out SELF's stop cellulite workout
- SELF's annual healthy food awards showcases 66 fast fix foods you'll love to eat!
- Find the best swimsuit for your body type now!
Photo Credit: Sephora