It's nearly time for the Oscars and as excited as we are to see the gowns, we're equally excited to see the gorgeous hairstyles. The ladies on the red carpet never fail to awe us with new styles each season, but some of these gorgeous gals have mastered the vintage Old Hollywood hairstyle.
How do they do it? It takes patience, but it's worth it since this hairstyle flatters all face shapes. Before you get started, see how it looks on you with this Instant Hair Makeover tool.
Follow these steps:
- "You're going for hydrated and healthy-looking," says Gretchen Monahan, owner of the Grettacole chain of salons in Boston, "so start with shampoo and conditioner that are very moisturizing."
- Once you're out of the shower, apply a leave-in conditioner for additional moisture and follow up with a silicone serum for shine.
- Dry hair as usual and part on the side.
- You'll need to curl 1-inch sections of hair with a curling iron, then roll them forward.
What's your go-to hairstyle for big occasions? Any tricks for making your look last all night long?
More from Good Housekeeping:
- 25 Easy Ways to Save Money in 2010
- New Looks for Your Master Bedroom
- Painless Ways to (Finally!) Get Organized
- Find the Dog Breed That Fits Your Family
- For More Tips & Tricks You Can Count On: Subscribe to Good Housekeeping & Save!
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.