Sienna Miller had my favorite hair look at the Met Ball last night. Not only did she embrace the evening's Punk: Chaos to Couture theme perfectly in a white Burberry dress and embellished jacket, but her textured hair, spiked headband, and Genevieve Jones ear cuff crushed the competition on the red carpet.
Oscar Blandi created the look for Sienna and we're got the steps on how to recreate it:
1. Add tons of texture to fully dry hair using a mix of pomade and gloss (Pronto Dry Sculpting Pomade & mix with Pronto Gloss). The hair should feel very thick and "dirty," but the gloss should keep hair looking sleek and polished.
2. Take the two sides of the hair and slick them back using a mix of serum and mousse (Hair Lift Mousse & Hair Lift Serum).
3. Use a curling iron to create a light bend in the hair.
4. Take both sides of the hair and pull them back as you would a ponytail. Use a clip or rubber band to secure and let one side fall, keeping the same rough texture.
5. Add a headband to liven the look. Sienna wore one by Eddie Borgo, but you can find similar styles for less here:
- Romwe Spiked Headband, $20, romwe.com
- Rhinestone and Spike Headband, $18, nordstrom.com
- Metal Spiked Headband, $18, nastygal.com
What do you think of Sienna's spiked 'do? What you try it? Sound off in the comments below or on Twitter @OKMagazine!