Don't know what to do with that slinky Calvin Klein dress you never quite fit into? How about those killer stilettos that kill your toes? Out with the old, in with the new, and hold onto your wallets with a great girls' night in-a clothing-swap party. Clothing swaps are pure genius. You take your unwanted gently or never-worn clothes to a gathering with your girlfriends and trade- way better than baseball cards! Welcome to sustainable free shopping.
Get Your Clothing-Swap Party Started
Select the invites to the clothing swap: Get 10 girlfriends to bring about a dozen items each, all new or gently worn, washed, pressed, and in good condition. Keep in mind guests' ages, taste, and clothing size. And be careful-those stretchy polka-dot leggings may have been great while pregnant, but now? Not so much.
Where to host a clothing swap? Make sure your guests will fit comfortably, with enough mirrors and space for everyone to sit and relax!
What's a clothing-swap party without refreshments: Shake up some cocktail magic. For great tips and tricks, read PageDaily's My Mixed Tape of Cocktail Recipes.
Establish Your Clothing-Swap Rules
· Exchange each item of clothing for one ticket.
· All items go to the "auctioneer".
· Let everyone mingle and relax, then the swapping begins!
· The auctioneer holds up one item at a time; if you want it, raise your hand.
· If you're the only bidder, it's yours! You exchange a ticket in return for your item.
· If more than one person wants it, try rock paper scissors.
Can't decide if you should swap it or keep it? Read PageDaily's Spring Cleaning: Make Room for New Clothes!