So as I'm writing this it's actually raining (so lame) but my theory is if I pretend it's summer, maybe it will become sunny. It's worth a shot, right? So in my attempt to usher in warmer weather, here's a checklist of everything you need for a perfect beach day (fingers crossed that this works):
1. A beach (well, a lake, pond or even a backyard sprinkler system will work too)
2. A super-cute bathing suit (preferably one that works with my hairstyle, like these)
3. A fluffy towel and/or beach chair (I'm kinda into enjoying the beach from my towel, what about you?)
4. A well-stocked beach bag (to find out exactly what yours needs, take this quiz)
6. My beach play list. Here are my must-play songs -- share yours in the comments
- "Surfin' Safari" by the Beach Boys (Any Beach Boys songs would be pretty perf though)
- "Island in the Sun" by Weezer
- "California Dreaming" by The Mamas and the Papas
(see more awesome beach songs here)
Finally, a post-beach makeup look that I can apply in less than five minutes but will make me look presentable at the Tiki Bar (hey, a girl can dream, right?). I think this will work perfectly.
Now it's your turn, do a little daydreaming and share: What do you need for a perfect beach day?