Splash News via PeopleWhen it comes to fashion beauty items and trends, I've seen (and most likely written about) it all. I think some are fun, but some trends totally drive me crazy. Obviously my preferences on beauty trends all come down to my personal style and individual taste, but there are some items that the majority of us find cringeworthy (think about the permed hair of the '80s, or the still-pravalent orangey fake tans). Some of the trends I hate may stem from a bad experience (overly-plucked eyebrows) and some of my opinions are totally irrational. Like my distaste for hair extensions.
Surely hair extensions can be a fun way for people with short hair to try on a longer style for the night, a few weeks, or years (hey there, Britney Spears). But I actually get grossed out by the stringiness of super-long, Paris Hilton-esque hair extensions. "Gossip Girl" star Taylor Momsen also rocks the mile-long, obviously fake extensions, and I just hate it. So when I came across a photo on People.com of the typically trend-setting Victoria Beckham with obviously faux long tresses, I felt disappointed. I loved when she boldly shed her Spice Girls extensions and tried out several chic bobs and fashionable cropped looks. These extensions just seem played out.
What do you think of Beckham's new 'do? And which beauty trends are you completely tired of? Here's my list below:
- unrealistic hair extensions
- extreme tanning (real or fake)
- too much eyeliner/raccoon eyes
- frosted lipstick
- really long acrylic nails
- too much botox (if it's obvious you've had it, then perhaps you've had too much)
- crimped hair
- Snooki poufs (even she is over them)
- chunky highlights
- Barbie-fication (Heidi Montag, we're looking at you)
- greasy hair (the tousled bed-head look is one thing, but I know when you haven't washed all week)
- juvenile hair accessories (big headbands, bows, those Vouis Vuitton bunny ears Madonna wore)
- bowl cuts (not sure why these even made a comeback)
- colored contacts
- cliche tattoos (phrases in languages you don't know and "tramp stamps" fall in this category)
- over-whitened teeth
- over-plucked eyebrows
- french pedicures (it kind of looks like you've let your toenails grow too long)
- collagen lip injections
- waxing absolutely everything off (the prepubescent thing kind of creeps me out)
Which fashion trend do you most wish would die?