Getty ImagesAccording to a survey in the upcoming September issue of ShopSmart by Consumer Reports, women spend an average of $34 on their denim. They interviewed over 1,000 women ages 18 and up about their jean habits. Younger ladies aged 18 to 34 cough up a little extra dough, spending around $60 a pair. Only one in 10 women said they've spent over $100 on jeans. And while 85% of women wear jeans at least once a week, more than half of them said they wished they could wear them every day.
"As much as women are hooked on these weekend faves turned fashion staple, over half of the women polled (56%) said they have trouble finding jeans that fit and flatter, with 8 percent seeking professional help to find a pair," says ShopSmart editor-in-chief Lisa Lee Freeman.
Some more fun facts about jeans from this survey:
- Women own seven pairs (25% own ten or more)
- Four pairs are in regular rotation
- 50% hold on to their skinny jeans hoping they'll fit again, while 31% refuse to go up a size to find ones that fit
- 20% of women hang on to at least one pair for 10 years or more
- 58% who work in an office wear jeans to work, and 27% wear them almost every day
- Ultra low-rise jeans is the denim trend most women hate
- Most women was their jeans after two to three wears
You can read more poll results here.
We'd like to survey our Shine readers! How much do you spend on jeans? How many pairs do you have in your closet, and how often do you wear them?
Women spend $13,000 each on makeup
Women spend nearly $25,000 on shoes