Do you have a garden? Did you plant zucchini? Did you think you only planted a little zucchini, but it turns out the entire world's population of zucchini has appeared in your yard and is only waiting until dusk to creep into your house and steal your breath? Or maybe you just like zucchini. In that case, this post's for you! It is zucchini season, so go out and shoot them, and then come back and make these fabulous, healthy zucchini recipes. But not all at once, because that might be overkill.
Start off your zucchini madness with this delicious recipe from SELF: Fettuccine with zucchini, arugula, basil and lemon.
- From French Kitchen in America comes this recipe for stuffed zucchini (it sounds sexier in the French, though).
- Miss Elise will have you eating zucchini for breakfast.
- 101 Cookbooks uses zucchini in a protein-delicious quinoa-filled lunch.
- Serious Eats makes a seriously lovely-looking spicy shrimp and zucchini recipe.
- Steamy Kitchen's got more shrimp, but also crispy basil! Not to mention zucchini. Again.
- Never-fail epicurious takes many of my very favorite things, and makes them all best friends. Plus, zucchini.
- And if that's not enough--Kalyn's got ten more!
Everyone knows the freshest, most delicious vegetables (zucchini include, of course) come from the farmer's market. Elastic Waist shows you the way to feeding your inner Farmer's market freak.
Image via 101 Cookbooks
More from Elastic Waist and SELF:
SELF's 10 Most Inspiring Women
Check out the top movers, shakers and history makers of 2008
- Easy recipes that don't rely upon prepackaged foods
- Subscribe to Self for Just $1 an issue. Free Pink Striped Tote!