Source: Wake Up Early and Get Motivated to Move
If your schedule is so jam-packed that it's tough for you to squeeze in a workout, it's best to get it done in the early morning. If setting your alarm early to exercise before heading to work seems cruel impossible, here are some tips to get you moving in the morning.
1. Lay out your outfit and all the fitness gear you'll need the night before so when you wake up, you won't waste time searching for a matching pair of wicking socks, a clean sports bra, or your headphones. Also charge any gear you might need, like your iPod.
- 2. Be sure to hit the hay early so you're well rested, and set your alarm to wake up to your favorite peppy song. Lately I've been rousing from my slumber hearing Rihanna singing "Where have You Been." I'm practically dancing out of bed. If you tend to hit the snooze button way too many times, try putting your alarm clock on the other side of the room.
- 3. Make a date with a friend or fitness trainer. If you set up a time to meet in the a.m., you'll feel obligated to go, even if your mind and body tell you otherwise.
- 4. Schedule something exciting and inspirational to look forward to for your morning workout. A 6 a.m. Zumba class with your favorite instructor, sunrise yoga in a heated studio, or a new workout playlist to run to is sure to pull you out of bed.
- 5. Eat something quick before you workout, but plan a special breakfast to eat after your workout as a reward for your efforts. Nothing make me run home faster than the thought of a nice warm cup of coffee.
3 Reasons to Work Out in the Morning
How to Get Your Metabolism Moving
How a Workout Buddy Increases Your Calorie Burn
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook