When it comes to summer hair, I have a strict no-fuss policy. That is, I vow to never spend more than 5 or 10 minutes tops getting ready. Go ahead and call me a lazy girl (I wrote that beauty guide, right here), but I'd much rather be at the beach than spending hours styling my hair in my stuffy bathroom with a broken AC.
Related: Hot Hat Styles For Summer
But even though I'm anti-primping, I still would like to look cute. So I asked a few celebrity hairstylists for some beachy styles that are super quick and easy to do. Bottom line: you'll want to try them all ASAP.
Bouncy, whip-worthy hair looks just as luxurious on the beach as it does at an elegant party. (Just make sure you wash the sand out of it before your night out on the town.) New York City-based hairstylist Joshua Barrett gives us the scoop on how to get pretty, seaside curls:
1. Begin by using a volumizing spray on damp hair, concentrating the spray on your root area.
2. Blow dry your hair, using your fingers instead of a brush to move your hair around until it's dry, especially concentrating on your root area to make your hair extra voluminous.
3. Using a 1 1/2-inch curling iron, take random sections of 1 to 2-inch sections of hair and curl the sections close to your roots, starting in the back of your head and working your way toward the front. After you're done curling, lightly spray each curled section with a light hold hairspray.
Make a chic bun extra beachy with a cute, colorful headscarf, and add some personality with the print of your choice. New York City-based celebrity hairstylist Kyra Dorman tells us how to get this beach bun in five easy steps:
1. Using a teasing comb, gently tease your hair around the frame of your face and neckline.
2. With your hands, pull your hair into a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
3. Hold your pony straight up from your head and backcomb the ponytail.
You'll look like the ocean is your home with these long, beautiful, mermaid waves. Los Angeles-based celebrity hairstylist Randi Petersen tells us how to get these beachy waves:
1. Start by misting your wet hair with a sea salt spray to get that beachy texture.
2. Wrap your hair in a loose bun and blow dry until the product dries thoroughly.
3. Let your hair down and shake it out with your fingers.
What's the best style of braid for the ocean? A fishtail braid. (Sorry, I had to.) Dorman tells us how to get this beachy braid:
1. Part your hair down the middle and take a 1 1/2-inch section of hair out by your ear. Clip the rest of your hair out of your way.
2. Divide this 1-inch section into two smaller sections, taking one piece of hair from one side and passing it over the other, continuing to repeat this process as you form a skinny fishtail braid. (For a step-by-step guide on how to get the perfect fishtail braid, click here.)
3. Secure your first fishtail braid with a small clear elastic and repeat the exact same process on the other side of your head, with another 1 1/2-inch section of hair.
Click here to see the rest of the steps
For more of these great beach hairstyles, click here.
Now it's your turn: Which one of these beachy hairstyles will you try? Leave your answer in the box below.
More on BeautyRiot.com: