Antonio Prieto, founder of Antonio Prieto Salon in New York City, is the stylist responsible for the easy-to-do looks in "Hair Bliss 101: Learn To Style Like A Pro" from the August Issue of SELF. This week, he tells us the five easiest hairstyles for the office.
1. Ponytail: A classic ponytail can be worn anywhere. The perfect pony should be placed below the crown, following the top of the ear line all the way back. Finish off the look by taking a half inch section of hair from underneath the ponytail, wrapping it around the elastic and securing with a pin.
2. Ballerina Bun: A ballerina bun is similar to a pony tail: secure hair into a pony, twist the entire length ponytail and wrap around the elastic, pinning as you go.
3. Loose Braid: Braids should be kept modern by keeping them loose and relaxed - this means not starting from the top of the head like a classic French braid. A loose braid over one shoulder that starts at the base of the neck is perfect for the office.
4. Classic Bob: A classic bob is a timeless, professional look. Keep it classic at (or slightly below) chin length Or, create a more modern look by growing it just below the shoulders with it slightly longer in the front than the back. Leave it down and texturized.
5. Pixie Cut: Short, simple and low maintenance. Keep it feminine with softness and texture.
Thanks, Antonio! Save time on your hair and your makeup--we've tried the latest maekup trends for you.
More from SELF:
- Try these superfoods for flat abs!
Check out SELF's stop cellulite workout
- SELF's annual healthy food awards showcases 66 fast fix foods you'll love to eat!
- Find the best swimsuit for your body type now!
Photo Credit: WWD