Still haven't made it to the costume store this year? Don't worry, here are 8 great last-minute costume ideas that won't require you to elbow through a crowded shop. Why buy when you can DIY?
Crazy Cat Lady
1. Put on pajamas and mess up your hair.
2. Smear your lipstick.
3. Carry cat food.
4. Find a cat stuffed animal and pet it relentlessly.
1. Put on a flannel shirt, jeans, boots, and winter cap.
2. Make a mustache and ax from construction paper.
3. Every time you pass a tree, mime cutting it down.
Extra credit: Tape horns on a stuffed animal and call it Babe.
1. Same as Paul Bunyan but replace the ax with paper towels.
2. Clean up all party messes with zest and charm.
1. Construct seven fins from cardboard and gray construction paper. Tape to headbands.
2. Write a different day of the week on seven shirts.
3. Make your friends wear the fins and shirts.
4. Memorize shark facts and recite on demand.
The Cat's Meow
1. Wear all your leopard-print clothing. All of it.
2. Wear the cat ears.
3. When people ask what you are, say, "What do you think I am? The cat's meow, obviously."
Little White Lies
1. Write common lies (you don't look fat in that outfit, I'll call you in the morning, I'm in an open relationship) on pieces of tape. The more, the better.
2. Stick them on outfit.
1. Stab old cereal box relentlessly (watch for fingers).
2. Draw some blood with red marker.
3. Crumple construction paper and place it in box so it comes out of stab wounds.
4. Hang box around neck with string.
1. Spray paint the flat side of a twin-size egg-crate mattress pad a cheesy hue of yellow.
2. After paint dries, spray mattress pad with spray adhesive.
3. Quickly cover mattress pad with clear tarp. Press it down to make sure it sticks. Cut excess tarp.
4. Cut mattress pad in half.
5. Cut out Kraft logo and place near top of one of the halves. Stick with spray adhesive.
6. Staple the sides together with person in between.
More From DailyCandy:
16 Halloween Costume Ideas in 90 Seconds
Pretty Cocktail Dress for Every Party
9 Easy Hairstyles
Unique Baby Birth Announcements
Like What You've Read? Subscribe to DailyCandy for Free!