These days, people seem to randomly pick any edible natural substance and label it a "superfood" just to make it sound more marketable. The reality is most of these so called "super" foods hardly have any "super" qualities, and will not provide you with any additional "super" health benefits or powers!
This doesn't mean that the term "Superfoods" should be broadly dismissed as nothing but an overused buzz word, with little or no meaning. In fact, the word superfood has a very specific meaning and refers to a food that is extremely high in antioxidants. When measured by weight, the more disease-fighting, wrinkle-preventing antioxidants packed into one food - the more "super" it is. In today's toxic world, superfoods can play a key role in maintaining good health and vitality.
To find out some of the amazing ways in which you can include superfoods like goji berries, chia seeds, carob, cacao, hemp, mesquite and cinnamon in your diet, check out the following recipes:
1. Goji Energy Bites
2. Chocolate Chia Breakfast Pudding
3. Raw Carob Caramel Cups
4. Raw Truffle with Chia, Caramel and Coconut
5. Creamy Hemp Pesto
6. Mesquite Avocado Kale Salad
7. Brain Food Porridge
Recipe: Brain Food Porridge – Millet, Dried Figs, Cinnamon and Orange
For 8, 9 and 10 visit here.
Want to learn more about superfoods, read the articles below by One Green Planet on Yahoo:
1. A Miracle Super Spice? the Health Benefits of Turmeric, with 5 Amazing Recipes
2. The ULTIMATE Guide to Superfoods
3. Why You Should Be Eating Chia Seeds: Tips, Recipes and Product Picks
4. Why You Should Replace Your Caffeine Fix with Maca
5. 6 Healthy (and Yummy) Ways to Eat Kale