Source: 10 Extras No Gym Bag Should Go Without
Basic gym essentials are a no brainer: sneakers, sports bra, workout clothes, and a water bottle. Once you bag the basics, don't forget to make room for these other gym-bag essentials.
- Band-aids: These are great to have on hand for relief from blisters.
- Pair of undies: It's always smart to keep an extra pair in your bag, just in case.
- Hair ties: It's tough to focus on getting a good workout if your hair keeps falling in your eyes or sticking to your sweaty face.
- Ice packs: Icing an injury right away can make a huge difference on the road to recovery.
- Extra socks: For all those times when you only pack one sock or forget them entirely, you could exercise without them, but it's a blister waiting to happen.
More from FitSugar: Lift Right: 4 Ways to Check Proper Strength Training Form
- Snacks: After an intense workout, make sure you refuel with carbs and protein. Here are a few ideas for snacks to store in your gym bag.
- Face soap: If you don't have time to shower after your workout, washing your face can make you feel a lot fresher and help prevent acne.
- Deodorant: You don't want to be the smelly person at the gym, so keep some in your bag for before and after your workout.
- Flip-flops: If you take a shower at the gym and want to avoid athlete's foot, a pair of flip-flops is a must.
Workout sheets: For some fitness inspiration, print these out to keep in your bag:
Annoying Things People Do on the Treadmill
Fit Tip: Keep Clean Gym Gear Ready to Go
Do These 5 Things to Prevent Workout Injuries
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook