FitSugarSource: 10 Healthy Desserts For Your Thanksgiving Feast
It's hard to save calories during Thanksgiving, especially when your dining room table is full of goodies. Make your indulgences work for you with still-delicious healthy versions of highly caloric desserts. Read on for some of our favorite healthier Thanksgiving desserts, from vegan pies to lower-fat cookies!
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies: Who needs high-calorie pecan pie when you can make these vegan pecan thumbprint cookies? They're a cinch to make and can be done ahead of time if your oven is prime real estate on Thanksgiving.
- Apple Slabs: Get the taste of apple pie without all the work (or the carbs) with a 149-calorie piece of these thin-crust apple pie slabs.
- Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Pie: Need a healthy Thanksgiving dessert, quick? Whip up this raw pumpkin pie with chocolate-coconut crust. You won't have to roll, bake, and cool this pie before enjoying it!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse: Lighten up cheesecake with this pumpkin cheesecake mousse, which cuts calories by using low-fat cottage cheese and low-calorie whipped cream.
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake: Say it ain't so: a delicious cheeseless cheesecake? This video recipe for soy-free vegan pumpkin cheesecake will make you a believer.
More from FitSugar: Day-After Detox: How to Get Back on Track After Thanksgiving
- Vegan Pecan Pie: If you can't get enough of traditional pies, add this vegan pecan pie to the mix. You won't miss any of the eggs, milk, or butter in regular pecan pie recipes, and neither will your nonvegan friends!
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread Pudding: Bread pudding makes for an easy throw-together dessert, and substituting almond milk for regular cuts a few calories as well. Get the easy recipe for vegan pumpkin bread pudding here.
- Pumpkin Coconut Bars: If you want to end your Thanksgiving feast on a not-too-sweet note, these pumpkin coconut bars may be just what you need. They'd also make a great post-Thanksgiving breakfast bar if you need something to grab before your Black Friday shopping spree.
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pie: No butter, eggs, milk, or cream here! This vegan sweet potato pie with whipped coconut cream tastes so creamy no one at the table will believe it's vegan.
- Apple Cranberry Crisp: Sometimes, there's nothing like a warm apple crisp to signal the end of a great Fall meal. This vegan apple cranberry crisp is a cozy way to celebrate the holiday.
How to Give Your Thanksgiving Plate a Healthy Makeover
Your Healthier Thanksgiving: Zucchini, Squash, and Mint Quinoa Stuffing
What New Vegans Should Know Before Thanksgiving
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook