FitSugarSource: 10 Predinner Snacks to Quiet After-Work Hunger
I don't know about you, but when I get home from work I'm often starving, especially if I've just worked out. The key to keeping myself from devouring any junk food we have in the kitchen is to have healthy, ready-to-go snack options in my fridge. If you're like me, keep reading for 10 sweet or savory snacks that are easy to make, can be prepared ahead, and are perfectly portioned to tide you over before dinner!
- Spicy Chickpeas: We love a spicy roasted chickpea recipe for any occasion. They're an especially good option to quiet a grumbling stomach while you're preparing dinner.
- Cream-Stuffed Strawberries: If you're in the mood for something sweet, snack on banana-cream-stuffed strawberries. The protein-rich Greek yogurt filling, as well as the almonds, help keep you full, and at only 150 calories a serving, you don't have to wait until dessert time to indulge!
- Apple, Grapes, and Peanut Butter: Saving calories on peanut buttery snacks is easy with this tip: swap half of the peanut butter for creamy Greek yogurt. Now slice an apple and a few grapes to make a simple and satisfying apple, grape, and peanut butter snack.
- Peanut Butter Balls: Make a batch of no-bake peanut butter balls at the beginning of the week and keep them in a container in your fridge for easy access. A few of these will keep you from raiding the less-healthy options in your kitchen.
- Cucumber Tofu Rolls: Make a few of these marinated tofu squares when you have time the night before, and then when you get home, all it takes is a few minutes to slice a cucumber before you can enjoy low-carb, protein-rich cucumber protein rolls.
- Mexican Pizza Bites: Don't let a hungry stomach talk you into ordering pizza. If you've prepped all the components in advance (the filling and the tortilla crusts), all it takes it 12 to 15 minutes before you can enjoy these Mexican pizza bites.
- Chocolate Tahini Chia Balls: Craving dessert before dinner? No-bake chocolate tahini chia balls curb sugar cravings and hunger at the same time.
- Quinoa Pizza Bites: Here's another make-ahead snack: gluten-free quinoa pizza bites. Warm them in the microwave and pop them in your mouth for a filling appetizer before dinner.
- Avocado Toast: Whipping up an avocado toast snack is easy, and the hot sauce provides an extra kick against the creamy avocado - and revs up your metabolism to boot.
- Parmesan Edamame Crisps: How tasty do cheesy edamame crisps sound? They'd make a much better alternative to potato chips.
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook