Source: 10 Ways to Move More This Week
Even if you work out regularly throughout the week, chances are most of your time is spent sitting in a chair. All that sitting is not only bad for your waistline, but it's also incredibly bad for your health. Resolve to move a little more and sit a little less during the work week with these simple actions.
- Wake up earlier and do a 10-minute workout routine: It doesn't take that much extra time out of your day to do one of these 10-minute workouts in your living room.
- Park a little farther from your office building than usual: A few extra steps a day can add up.
- If you take the bus or subway, then stand instead of grabbing a seat: Standing instead of sitting helps keep cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check, and bracing yourself while you stand during the ride will help burn a few more calories as well.
- Take a walk at lunch: A midday break can help re-energize you.
- Instead of happy hour, meet up with friends for an exercise class after work: You'll save and burn calories while still getting quality time with your friends.
More from POPSUGAR Fitness: How Your Fridge Can Help You Lose Weight
- Do a five-minute wake-up sequence in the morning: Just a few minutes with this five-minute morning wake-up workout can help you feel more flexible, awake, and ready to start your day.
- Take a walk while you enjoy your morning or afternoon coffee: Instead of rushing right back to the office, walk around the block for a much-needed mental and physical break.
- Use a smaller water bottle so you take more water cooler breaks: Taking trips back and forth to the water cooler is great when you feel like you don't have a lot of time for a break.
- Walk around your block after dinner: It'll aid digestion and boost your metabolism.
- Do calming stretches before bed: Instead of moving straight from lying on the couch to lying in bed, break it up with these relaxing bedtime yoga moves that help you drift to sleep.