Fitting in working out isn't as hard as it may seem! Time is a precious commodity and with the fast-paced, urgent world we live in, most people push their needs -- including exercise -- to the bottom of their to do lists. You may not have thought of it this way, but exercise saves you time and will most likely add longer and stronger years to your life. Read on for 10 tips to make time for exercise.
Taking a little time for exercise will surprisingly help you manage other areas of your life. Some of the positive effects include lifting your mood, boosting your self-esteem and reducing your stress. Exercising gives you a healthier focus. Those who exercise are sick less often, report being happier and even make more money then those who do not. Exercisers make healthier food choices and sleep better. If you can manage to make exercising a priority, you will be pleased with how much better you become at managing life tasks.
10 TIPS TO MAKE TIME FOR EXERCISE:
1. Make an appointment - Schedule activity in your planner 1 month in advance and keep that commitment the same way you would any other meeting. When you go to schedule other activities, do so around your workout session. If it's necessary to cancel a workout session, reschedule it immediately for another time during the day or for the very next day.
RELATED 6 Good Reasons NOT to Run
2. Plan Ahead - Cook on Sunday night for the week. This way, you can head to the gym after work and still come home to a healthy cooked meal. This will help you stay on track for your meal plan as well as your exercise schedule. For best results, both your meals and activities need to be planned for and should not be left to chance.
3. Workout at Lunch - A workout break will refresh you for the second half of the day and is known to boost brain power. You will be more productive after recharging your body with exercise than working through your lunch and eating at your desk. Live with no regrets!
4. Get Support - Let your significant other know your exercise schedule ahead of time, so there are no conflicts or guilt when it comes time for working out. Inform your employer of your goals and ask for some flexibility in your schedule. For example, come in later and work later, so that you can get in your morning run.
5. Stick to Your Schedule - Set you watch or palm pilot to go off when it's time to exercise. Then stop what you are doing and take 30+ minutes to exercise. You will be more productive finishing up tasks after you worked out versus trying to work through a situation knowing you did not keep your commitment to yourself.
6. Make an Investment - Consider signing on with a personal trainer, joining a gym or purchasing home gym equipment. Making an investment is likely to help you make a time commitment. Knowing that you have a trainer waiting for you will increase your chances of showing up. Signing up for an online personal trainer and comprehensive fitness program can do the same.
RELATED Best Booty Exercises
7. Always be Dressed to Move - You never know when the opportunity will arise to go for a walk or hit the gym. Keep your sneakers in your car at all times, lay out your workout clothes or pack your gym bag the night before. Eliminate excuses and always be prepared for opportunities to exercise.
8. Engage in Intermittent Sessions - Take several 10-15 minute walking breaks throughout the day. By days end, you could have completed 60 minutes of cardiovascular activity, and the health benefits are the same as continuous exercise.
9. Eliminate Time Wasters - Take a look at your 24-hour schedule and see where you can eliminate some time wasters. Can you multi-task, be more efficient or watch less TV? You only need to dedicate 2 percent of your week to exercise. You are worth it!
10. Set Yourself up for Success - Get up 30 minutes earlier -- then you don't have to make excuses for the rest of the day. Morning exercises have the highest compliance rates, as do those who exercise with a partner.
Reaching your goals does not have to mean hours in the gym. You can express your workout routine and still maximize your results.
More from GalTime.com:
- Energy Drink Alternatives that Are Better for Your Body
- 7 Warning Signs of Sketchy Weight-Loss Products
- Secrets To Banishing Belly Bloat
- 4 Top Ab Exercises for Women