We hope you're looking forward to skirt season as much as we are. Even though we're mentally ready for Spring, our thighs beg to differ. Here are two power-packed moves to tone your legs that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Don't forget that doing cardio and eating healthy will increase your lean, mean, leg machine results!
Works: Inner and outer thighs
Need: A chair or kitchen countertop
1. Stand straight and place your hands on the top of the back of a chair or countertop edge.
2. Raise your right leg to the right side of your body, keeping your foot "flexed." When you lower your leg, don't rest it on the ground but continue the movement, raising your leg up again.
3. Always remain in control of the movement; don't simply swing your leg up and down.
4. Repeat 25 times on each side.
For an added challenge and to increase the results:
a. Add a 10-pound weight on the balancing leg.
b. Let go of the bench or chair that you were using to keep your balance. This will engage your core muscles.
Works: Inner thighs and glutes
Need: Room to walk, like a hallway or your driveway
1. Get into a sumo wrestling stance: your feet wider than shoulder-width apart, toes pointed out, and knees extended over the toes.
2. Keep your back straight, chest out, and abs tight throughout this move.
3. In this almost-sitting position, take a step forward, one foot at a time, and advance as far as you can go in the space you are in; then turn around and walk back to your starting position.
4. Do 20 steps total or until you feel the burn in your legs.
More Ways to Get Great Legs