Holiday travel can be a real pain. While guests will be grateful for a warm bed and a home-cooked meal, we love the idea of going the extra mile to thank them for doing the same. These tokens of appreciation are thoughtful, whimsical, and just plain smart.
1. A personalized, heartfelt, handwritten note thanking them for making the trip. Doesn't cost much, but it'll generate a ton of good will.
2. A voucher for a movie night. Pair it with a bag of candy or gourmet popcorn for the ultimate viewing experience.
3. A CD of your favorite sleepy-time tunes. Throw in a few bags of herbal tea, and they'll be in dreamland before their heads hit the pillow.
Related: Curb Your Food Cravings with Yoga
4. A pair of cozy cashmere socks to snuggle in.
5. A split of Champagne. Nothing can get a party -- or a vacation -- started like bubbly.
6. A mini Scrabble game with a little note that says, "Open in case of rain."
7. Packets of Alka-Seltzer and aspirin for toomuchfunitis. They'll love you forever.
More from Martha Stewart Living:
8 Surprising Ways to Tame Your Sweet Tooth
5-Minute Stress-Relieving Workouts You Can Do Wherever, Whenever
19 Tips for Perfect Laundry Every Time
Instant Organization: Get It Together in 15 Minutes or Less