By Sarah Jio, Glamour magazine
Yes, it's true, when it comes to weight loss it really boils down to calories in, calories out. But we're more complicated beings than that. Sometimes we need to resort to a little trickery. Here are four tricks to help you eat less and feel satisfied at the same time.
Related: The Most Glamorous Celebrities of 2011
1. Sip on seltzer: We all know by now that alcoholic drinks can be a huge source of evening calories. So, next time you're out with the girls, try this rule of thumb, says Keri Gans, R.D., the author of The Small Change Diet: After each alcoholic beverage, order a seltzer with a squeeze of lime. You'll take in way less calories!
2. Soup for you! Before you eat a big meal, have a low-calorie soup first (think, miso or other broth-based soups). Experts say this helps you eat less!
3. Blot your pizza: I know, it's a little weird, but according to Prevention magazine, you can dab off as much as 40 calories and 4.5 grams of fat from two slices of pizza!
Related: 15 Things Men Don't Want You to Know About Them
4. Drink two glasses of water before a meal. It will help you eat less and feel more satisfied, say researchers.
Do you practice any of these strategies? I'm big on water, and seltzer!
P.S. Were you a C-section baby? What it could mean about your ability to gain and lose weight. And, two more fascinating ways to eat less and feel full!
More from Glamour:
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 31 Cute Spring Dresses Under $100
- 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
- 21 Gorgeous Wedding Dresses (From $100 to $1,000!)
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio