Making healthy choices doesn't always have to be time consuming or a drag. Here are five super-easy things you can do to improve your health right this second ... without leaving your desk!
1. Do your kegals! You know you haven't done them in a while, right? So start flexing, gals (squeeze for 3 seconds, then relax for 3 seconds)! Do a set of 15 right this moment and try to work in a few more sets before the day's in. The health payoff: You'll strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which can help prevent incontinence issues down the road and even improve your sex life.
2. Drink some water. Take a sip right now! You'll feel more energized and will be less likely to fall victim to a headache (dehydration is the #1 cause of common headaches).Chugging Water: Does It Improve Your Skin? Like, For Real?
3. Sit up straighter. You were slumping over just then, weren't you? I was, too, until I caught myself. Notice how when you sit up straighter, you feel better. Posture experts say that making a conscious effort to keep your spine straight and shoulders back can have huge health payoffs--plus, you look more beautiful when you're sitting up straight (it's true!).
4. Take a series of deep breaths. Sounds like a no-brainer, right? But when's the last time today or this week that you sat back in your chair and paid attention to your breathing patterns, focusing on taking big, deep breaths? Carve out a few minutes for mindful breathing (as new agey as that sounds) and you'll feel more revived.
5. Cancel something. I think most women are guilty of over-scheduling their lives (me too!), which leads to stress and anxiety. Have you overbooked yourself? If so, you're not failing if you simply reschedule a dinner date for the following weekend or cancel a meeting that can totally happen tomorrow. Sometimes the healthiest thing is a little breathing room.
What other simple, quick things do you do to improve your health?
MORE FROM VITAMIN G:
- The Dos and Don'ts of Researching Your Health Online
- Health Challenge: Could You Go a Day, a Week Without Any Processed Foods?
- Body Image: Do You Ever Feel Like People Are Staring at the Body Part You Worry About?
- 3 Junk Foods That Could Save Your Life