By Nicci Micco, REDBOOK
These combos deliver that same magical feel-full mix of protein and fiber, so you're good to go 'til dinner time.
1. Cheese and crackers: 6 Triscuits + 1 oz of Cabot 50% reduced-fat cheddar; 190 calories, 9 g fat, 11 g protein, 3 g fiber
Related: 10 Ways to Beat Bloat
2. Seeds and berries: 2 Tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds + 2 Tbsp dried cherries + 1 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips; 185 calories, 10 g fat, 5 g protein, 3 g fiber
3. Snap peas and hummus: 1 cup sugar snap peas + 1/4 cup hummus; 142 calories, 6 g fat, 7.5 g protein, 6 g fiber
Related: Love Can Make You Skinny
4. Coffee and fruit: 12-oz non-fat latte + tropical fruit salad (1/2 cup papaya + 1/2 cup pineapple); 190 calories, 9 g fat, 11 g protein, 3 g fiber
5. Asparagus and turkey: 6 asparagus spears + 2 slices lean deli meat; 84 calories, 1 g fat, 16 g protein, 2.5 g fiber
Ellie Krieger, host of the Food Network show Healthy Appetite , loves it this way: "Cut smoked turkey strips and wrap them around a thin asparagus stalk that you've brushed with olive oil, then microwave for 3 minutes." Yum!
More from REDBOOK:
5 Man-Magnet, Figure-Flattering, Show-Stopping Outfits
Sex Toys That Give the Best Buzz
- 75 Most Iconic Hairstyles of All Time
- Fun, Cheap Date Ideas
- 8 Tips for Baby-Soft Skin
Permissions: Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.