CN Digital StudioStudies show that people who do 30 minutes of cardio most days get fit just as quick as those who exercise longer. So we've got speedy routines that'll make the daily 30 fly.
1. Multitask: Firm & Burn Routines: See our sexy arms moves to firm any arm jiggle and torch serious calories and count it as your 30 minutes. All you have to do is add 30 seconds of squat jumps or jumping lunges between each move.
Calories torched: 235 (based on a 135-pound woman)
And remember: Plan to succeed. There should be no guesswork when it comes to your workouts, so map out a week of routines every Sunday night.
2. Mix It Up on the Treadmill: SELF deputy editor and trainer Meaghan B. Murphy uses an incline to erase fat and tedium. See how she does it by downloading this easy-peasy chart.
Calories torched: 245
3. Throw Some Punches: Jillian Lorenz and Ariana Chernin, owners of Barre Bee Fit gyms in Chicago, created an exclusive version of their crazy-popular Barre Brawl kickboxing class for SELF:
Warm-up Jog in place for 1 minute.
Punch & knee-up From a squat position, alternate throwing jabs and hooks for 30 seconds. Run in place, driving knees up for 30 seconds. Repeat once.
Hop & high-low Stand with feet wide, knees soft. Hop in place while speed-bag punching overhead for 30 seconds. Next, plant your feet and alternate punching high, then low, for 30 seconds.
Shuffle & kick Front kick with right foot, then left; do 2 jumping jacks; side shuffle to right and throw a right jab. Repeat on opposite side. Keep it up for 2 minutes.
Punch & plank jack From a squat position, throw cross-body punches for 30 seconds. Now drop into a plank, hold position, and jump feet out wide and then back together; continue for 30 seconds. Repeat once. Do entire sequence 4 times.
Cool down with a jog in place for 1 minute.
Calories torched: 275
4. Run/Walk Combo: Turn a catch-up with a friend into an interval workout with marathon coach Andrew Kastor's plan. Download the plan in PDF.
Calories torched: 200
5. Be Your Own Trainer: We made a list of the top calorie burners; mix and match to create your own workout. They're so effective, you only need to do it for 20 minutes!
Jump rope Hops or tricks work; just keep moving.
Ride On a stationary bike, swap steep hills for flat sprints every 2 minutes.
Row A steady pace on the machine will tone and burn.
Stairs Race up a flight, walk a flight. Repeat, repeat.
Swim Alternate breaststroke, butterfly and crawl. Don't touch the pool floor!