FitSugarSource: 5 Ways to Get Rid of a Muffin Top
There are certain spots where fat likes to hang around. For some, extra padding accumulates in the torso, resulting in that lovely layer of softness above the waistline commonly referred to as the muffin top. Keep reading to find out how to help yours disappear.
- Start Indoor Cycling . . . : Or running, or circuit training, or jumping rope - anything that increases your heart rate. Aerobic activity helps decrease your overall percentage of body fat, which helps slim down your torso. Check out our tips for the most efficient workouts for weight loss and calorie burn.
- Be One With Intervals: Doing plain old cardio may not be enough. Interval training is proven to target belly fat, making it an excellent way to trim a pesky muffin top. Some examples of intervals are sprinting the straights and walking the curves on a track, or when in the pool, alternate between fast racing laps and slower-paced laps. Here's an interval workout for the treadmill.
- Tone Up: Although you can't spot reduce specific areas of your body by only doing strength training exercises, when combined with cardio, back exercises will help tone that area of your body, resulting in a slimmer and leaner you. Here are some moves you can add to your routine:
- Don't Get Frustrated, Get Blue: Blueberries, that is. These sweet little gems are not only beneficial to your immune system, but they are also proven to help diminish fat around your midsection. Enjoy them on their own, mix them with yogurt, or make a batch of this refreshing blueberry frozen yogurt recipe.
- Beware of the Nasty "T": Be a strict label reader and avoid trans fat. It not only increases your risk of heart disease, but, you guessed it - trans fat also increases your spare tire.
How to Get Rihanna's Rock-Hard Abs
5 Secrets to Flat Abs
Cardio Workout: Beginner Treadmill
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook