FitSugarSource: 5 Ways to Stretch and Tone on Your Vacation
If you packed up your car or took to the skies for your Fourth of July holiday, you may be thinking more about what you'll be bringing to the barbecue than fitting in a workout. But for a few easy ways to sneak some calorie burning into your vacation, read on for our quick ways to stretch and tone on vacation.
- Sit and Stretch: No matter how you're getting there, chances are it'll involve long periods of sitting. Cramped seats can wreak havoc on your body; make sure you're stretching your muscles and moving your body so you don't have to sit out on all the fun because of aches and pains from travel. And bonus: these exercises will tone and burn more calories than just sitting alone. Here are five exercises you can do while you're sitting in a car, plane, or train.
- While You Wait: Plane delayed? Showed up early to the train platform? Holiday travel can mean more than a little time spent waiting. Use your free time to squeeze in a short toning workout that'll have you feeling that much better about the rest of your day. Use these small-movement toning exercises that you can do anywhere, like these exercises you can do in public without making too much of a scene.
More from FitSugar: 4 Gross Things You Should Never Do With Your Gym Bag
- Hotel Room: So you've packed all your travel workout essentials and aren't skipping out on your routine. Then you check into your hotel only to realize that its gym is under construction. Luckily, an effective strengthening workout can be done in even tiny hotel rooms. Check out this list of exercises you can do in a hotel room.
- Choose Your Fitness: It's not only about how many treadmills are at the hotel's gym. If you want to work out while on vacation but suspect that motivating yourself to choose the gym over the pool will be difficult, try booking a hotel that offers more than just a fitness center. Many hotels, for example, offer complimentary bike rentals, fitness classes, or maps of nearby trails to get you in the mood to sweat. If fitness is a top priority for your next vacation, here are a few questions about fitness offerings you should ask your hotel before booking.
- No Sweat: If you have no intention of exercising on vacation, that's OK. While some people don't want to lose their fitness level during their two weeks of relaxation, others would rather leave their running shoes at home. But even if you don't schedule a 45-minute workout into your vacation plans, chances are you'll still be burning a few unwanted calories while you're just having fun. From carting your luggage to and from the airport to taking a walk through town, see just how many calories you're burning while you vacation here.
The 3 Essential Yoga Poses to Do Every Day
Detox Asana: 8 Yoga Poses Away From a Cleaner You
Hydration Help: When to Drink Cold, When to Drink Warm
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook