POPSUGAR FoodSource: 6 Guilt-Free Alternatives to French Fries!
If you're addicted to the hot, crunchy, saltiness of french fries, then you may find it hard to resist the guilty pleasure. But there are some healthier ways to satisfy your craving. Baking instead of frying or swapping potatoes for veggies like kale or rutabaga are just a few of the fit changes you can make. Try any one of these six healthy alternatives, and see for yourself!
- Parsnip Fries: A cross between carrots and potatoes, parsnips are high in folic acid, vitamin K, and fiber. For a unique but tasty alternative to french fries, try these parsnip fries, complete with a curry dipping sauce.
- Kale Chips: Rather than reaching for greasy french fries, bake up a serving of greens using this three-ingredient kale chip recipe.
- Rutabaga Fries: A cross between a cabbage and a turnip, rutabaga is a great source of potassium and vitamin C. The next time you go to cook up an all-American meal, try these rutabaga fries instead.
- Sweet Potato Fries: Baked (not fried) sweet potato fries are sweet, crunchy, and loaded with vitamin A.
- Roasted Chickpeas: For a treat that is spicy and crunchy, use this roasted chickpeas recipe to satisfy a salty craving with protein and fiber.
- Oven-Baked Feta Fries: Ditch the fryer for these oven-baked french fries. A healthy treat, these fries are topped with a bit of feta, veggies, and a squeeze of lemon.
A Spinach-Fueled Meal Plan That Would Make Popeye Proud
5 Recipes That Put the Joy in Almonds
Plant Power: 9 Vegan-Friendly Smoothie Recipes