Why Beans Are Good for Your HealthOur body needs all kinds of nutrients so it can function properly as well as remain healthy. We cannot ignore or deny the uses and benefits of different nutrients that help us grow. Proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, etc, make up for a healthy nutritional combination for our body.
Dry beans and legumes are some of the most nutritious foods you must consume. If you don't, you are certainly missing out on some superb food choices. According to nutritionists, beans are an excellent way to consume several important nutrients to treat different diseases including colorectal cancer, heart diseases and even diabetes. Moreover, you can consume beans to treat various other health issues that are commonly faced in your daily life. Beans are equally nutritious for people of all ages to consume.
As far as treating your taste buds are concerned, beans are scrumptious and crunchy. They are prepared easily without hassle. You can use them to prepare salads, dishes, or even eat raw. Boiled beans are even more nutritious. They come in different varieties and are inexpensive to purchase as well. What more reasons do you need to consume beans and other legumes?
The Dietary guidelines set out by USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) suggest consuming at least three cups of beans. However, people often only consume one cup of beans which does not add up to the suggested amount of serving.
1. Beans are an excellent source of minerals including copper, calcium, zinc, potassium, and iron, and B vitamins like folic acid.
2. Beans provide at least 12g to 15g of fiber in one cup serving. They are rich sources of both insoluble and soluble fiber.
3. 1 cup of beans helps consume at least 16g of protein which is one-quarter to a third of what your body requires daily.
4. Beans are also great sources to stabilize your blood sugar levels. The soluble fiber lowers down the movement of glucose sourced from food into the bloodstream. As a result, your body produces lesser insulin which is beneficial since higher levels instigate diabetes.
5. Beans are extremely healthy for your cardiovascular health. According to scientific evidence, the benefits and evidence of beans for your heart continue to increase. The researchers of a study carried out by United States Department of Agriculture Research found that regular consumption of ½ cup of beans helped reduce total as well as low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol among healthy individuals and those who are more likely to suffer from heart diseases.
(Related:Is Organic Food Safe?)
6. Beans are also known to lower the risk of colon cancer. Colorectal cancer is the second most major cause of deaths due to cancer in the United States. According to research, higher consumption of beans may prevent instigation of precancerous polyps which actually results in the development of cancer.
More Healthy Eating Guides At BetterHealthBlog: