by Jessica Smith, REDBOOKToo busy to count calories but want to drop a few pounds? Do it in seconds with these 6 simple tips:
1) Skip the vanilla latte and sprinkle the top of your skim latte with vanilla powder at Starbucks. Calories Saved: 70
2) Ditch the OJ during your morning meeting, and stay full longer by eating an orange instead. Calories Saved: 100*
RELATED: Real Delivery Diets That Actually Work
3) Have a regular hamburger (with everything on it) during your drive thru lunch at McDonald's instead of the Caesar Salad with Crispy Chicken. Calories Saved: 80
4) Have a cup of blueberries instead of a bag of plain M&Ms for your afternoon sweet snack. Calories Saved: 130
RELATED: 10 Hot Health Trends to Try
5) Swap out your post workout protein bar (50g) for a 8 oz. glass of chocolate skim milk. Calories Saved: 110*
6) Ditch the skin on your 3 oz. chicken breast at dinner. Calories Saved: 62
*exact calorie counts may vary depending on food product
Total Potential Daily Calorie Savings: 552 (that's almost 5 pounds in one month!)
RELATED: Diet Myths That Make You Fat
Jessica Smith is a certified fitness lifestyle expert and creator of the 10 Pounds Down DVD series.
More from REDBOOK:
POLL: What Really Makes a Husband Sexy?
How to Beat Bloat - FAST
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
26 Fun, Cheap Date Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.