Compiled by Amy Zerello
Don't forget to eat these food to keep your mind sharp.
Photos.com / Jupiterimages1. Boost brainpower with blueberries. Studies have shown blueberries help prevent and reverse age-related memory loss.
2. Sip some coffee for triple benefit. Coffee has been shown to improve memory, reasoning and reaction time in older folks. Good news for lifetime coffee drinkers: Long term consumption's been linked to a lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
PLUS: Top10 Aphrodisiacs
3. Memory going? Go fish. Even canned tuna may sharpen your mental capacities. Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish, are important for maintaining memory.
4. Make time for a good breakfast. A Toronto study found breakfast helped men and women, ages 61 to 79, score better on memory tests. And when kids eat a morning meal, their exam scores improve.
PLUS: 8 Health Breakfast Recipes for Higher Energy
5. Toast to a sharper mind with Merlot. Or any beer or wine for that matter. A study of 746 adults found that those who drank one to six alcoholic beverages a week were 54 percent less likely than abstainers to develop dementia over six years. That's no license to go crazy though... the same study determined 14 or more drinks weekly increased the risk of dementia by 22 percent.
6. Brew a cup of sage tea. Sage oil has been shown by some studies to boost acetylcholine levels in the brain, improving memory function. As a tea, it also aids digestion.
PLUS: 7 Tricks to Drop Pounds
7. Have curry with dinner tonight. An Italian study found that curry may ward off memory loss and Alzheimer's. The seasoning is thought to enhance an enzyme that protects the brain against oxidative damage.
20 Secrets Your Waiter Won't Tell You
11 Secrets of Getting Better Doctor Care
13 Supermarket Secrets
15 Secrets ER Staff Won't Tell You
13 Things a Burglar Won't Tell You
13 Teacher Secrets
13 Things Your Car Mechanic Won't Tell You
15 Foods You Should Never Buy Again
5 Ways to Save Gas on Your Next Trip
Get more insider secrets!