by Sarah Jio, Glamour
I have a list of things that, without fail, (even on days when I'm sleep-deprived and have splurged on something I wish I didn't) always make me feel healthy. And when you feel healthy and proud of your choices, your more likely to continue to make healthy choices, right? Here's my list...
I call it healthy inertia. By choosing the simple things that make us feel healthy, we're more likely to continue to make healthy choices throughout the day/week. Here are seven things that I turn to frequently to feel healthier:
See more: 11 Fall Hair and Makeup Looks You'll Love
1. Green tea, repeat: If I'm feeling stressed and overwhelmed, or if I've just eaten something I wish I didn't, green tea has this way of resetting my good-health button. Green tea is loaded with good-for-you antioxidants that researchers believe have benefits that range from improved skin to weight loss, so I know that whenever I can squeeze in a cup of green, I'm doing well.
2. Stretching: Maybe it's the act of stopping, pausing, and just focusing on my muscles and joints that has a way of boosting my mood, but I swear by stretching as the ultimate way for me to recharge when I'm feeling stressed, so I do it as often as possible. Do you?
3. Drinking a tall glass of water: Hydrating can kill a headache, reduce food cravings and boost energy--it's no wonder that a cold glass of water is my most frequent trick for getting me in a healthy mood.
See more: 35 New Ways to Wear Your Jeans
4. Taking a hot bath: This one's a double whammie for me: muscle relaxation and aromatherapy (I love lavender bath salts).
5. Eating lentils: Weird, right? There's something so clean and filling about a bowl of lentil soup (preferably made in the slow cooker with lots of diced veggies and served over brown rice). I always feel healthified (a word?) after dipping my spoon into a lentil dinner.
I'd also add to this list: a good, long jog; a phone call to my sister or mom.
How about you? What simple things/practices/products/foods make you feel healthier? I'd love to hear!
More from Glamour:
10 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Should Own
The Dos and Don'ts of Fall 2012 Fashion Trends
27 Hairstyles to Try This Month
10 Hot Date-Night Outfits (According to Guys)
by Sarah Jio, Glamour