Source: 8 Protein-Packed Summer Veggies
When you've taken on a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, there's one question that constantly pops up: "Don't you need protein?" Of course you do! Lean meats certainly pack more protein per serving, but there are some tasty Summer veggies that also offer the much-needed nutrient. Since we're big believers in the power of eating what's in season, here are eight protein-packed vegetables we love to eat all Summer long.
- Cauliflower (three flowerets): 1 g
- Beets (one-half cup of slices): 1.4 g
- Collards (one-half cup): 1.8 g
- Green beans (one cup): 2.4 g
- Sweet corn (one small ear): 2.6 g
- Spinach (one-half cup): 2.7 g
- Artichokes (one medium): 4.2 g
- Portobello mushrooms (one-half cup sliced): 4.9 g
In need of a little more powerful protein inspiration? Here are 11 vegetarian-friendly protein sources and protein-packed workout snacks.
11 Quick and Easy Vegetarian Protein Sources
Lose Weight, Gain Energy: 5 High-Protein Breakfasts Under 350 Calories
Ask the Diet Doctor: What's the Best Protein Source?
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook