Is it time to step up to the plate (so to speak), take an honest and courageous look at your life, and make a commitment to loving yourself? Are you ready to let go of belief systems and habits that no longer serve you? Are you ready to step into a healthier 2010?
Is your weight stopping you from moving forward? Might you be a food addict? Please take an honest look at the following questions and answer, 'yes' or 'no.'
1. Do you find that you have no 'stopping mechanism' and even though you want to 'stop' eating, you can't?
2. Are you obsessed with food? Think about food all the time? And your weight too?
3. Have you attempted one diet plan after another, with no lasting success?
4. Do you binge and/or purge?
5. Do you eat in secret? Are you a closet eater?
6. Are you an emotional eater? Do you use food to escape your feelings?
7. Do you eat even when you are not hungry?
8. Do you eat and then exercise excessively to burn it off?
9. Do you eat, and then feel shame or guilt for about the foods you've just eaten, and then beat yourself up for doing so?
10. Have you put your life on hold until you lose weight? Do you say, "When I lose weight, then I will _________?"
What do you think? Are you a food addict? And if yes, are you ready to do something about it now? If not now, when?
Since it all starts with our thoughts, here are 6 Steps Toward Healthy Thinking! A good start!
Step 1: The Truth. Keep it honest. When we tell the truth, we unleash the forces of positive change. Being in denial, coming up with excuses, rationalizations and untruths may feel like it's working in the short run, but it comes with a great cost. It limits the possibility of change.
Step 2: Be Aware of Your Thoughts. The first step to being in control of your eating habit patterns is to begin to be aware of your thoughts and gain control of your mind. That's right ... you are controlling your mind. No one else.
About the Author
Janice Taylor is a Life & Wellness Coach specializing in transformation, reinvention and weight loss. She has worked with thousands of individuals worldwide to help them to uncover their authentic selves and to learn to create balance and success in their personal and professional lives. To learn more about her, visit www.ourladyofweightloss.com
Read More Articles From Janice Taylor on Intent.com