Rolfing® is based on Dr. Ida P. Rolf's theory that the human body functions best when it is in proper alignment, and that imbalances are often to blame for a whole host of related issues and concerns, both physical and emotional. With such a focused intention, it's easy to see why Certified Rolfers™ must undergo extensive training at the only school that yields accredited practitioners of the modality - The Rolf Institute of Structural Integration.
Its growth in popularity in recent years speaks to its power, and yet many, including one Zeel Member, still want to know: What are the benefits of Rolfing®? Zeel Structural Integration Expert Minki Kim responds.
Great question! Here is a basic list of benefits which are not limited to but are characteristically emblematic of the Rolf Method of Structural Integration.
* Improve posture and body shape
* Improve overall balance
* Enhance physical performance
* Greater range of motion and flexibility
* Relieve stress
* Reduce effort in activity
* Look and feel younger
* Enhance body awareness
* Increase energy, vitality and fitness
* Balanced tone throughout the tissues
* Alleviate chronic pain, tension and rigidity
* Easier and fuller breath capacity
* Move more efficiently and fluidly
* Improve athletic performance and prevent injury
* Expand sense of well-being
* Improve quality of life and embody long-lasting health and well-being
Many clients claim psychoemotional benefits such as feeling more comfortable in their own skin, a genuine sense of being themselves, more creative expression, a dispensing of old, past emotional traumas leading to positive changes, improving quality of life to continue doing the things they love most, etc.
Often, I work with clients who seek structural integration/Rolfing® as a tool to facilitate a transition in their lives. These are clients in their mid 20s, mid 40s to 50s, and at times, 70s and 80s. They are usually on the cusp of a transitory change, be it psychological, occupational, spiritual, emotional, etc., and they understand that undergoing the process of structural integration helps accelerate and clear the path.