If you are tired of the gym, don't have money for the gym, or don't have a decent gym nearby, you might be left wondering what the best strategy is in regards to getting in a decent workout. I've got some good news: Believe it or not, your body can be its own gym. This is exactly the premise of Mark Lauren and Joshua Clark's new book You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises for Men and Women.
Strength and resistance training, by far, are the best ways of getting into shape, boosting metabolism, and increasing muscle mass and bone density. Moreover, strength training is key to sustained weight loss. You Are Your Own Gym, demonstrates that the gym, however, isn't a must to see these benefits. Instead, the book advocates that you use your own body to get the workout.
The Concept: It is a simple, 10 week program, which requires that you workout 30 minutes, 4 days a week. The exercises only require you and your body. You don't need equipment, dumbells, barbells, etc. Just you.
The Authors: Mark Lauren is a certified Military Physical Training Specialist, Special Operations Combat Controller, triathlete, and competitive Thai boxer. He has effectively prepared almost a thousand trainees for the extreme demands of the most elite levels of the Special Operations community. Joshua Clark is the author of Heart Like Water: Surviving Katrina and Life in its Disaster Zone, a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle award.
The Workout: The exercises are a mix of traditional military style exercises, Yoga and plyometrics.
- Saves Time, Space and Money: There is no need for expensive memberships or equipment. It doesn't require any extra space. And it doesn't take more than a half hour or so to complete this workout.
- You Can Do it Anywhere: Because you are using your own body as equipment, you can take the workout anywhere you go.
- It's Safer: Since you use motions and movements that are natural for the body, you are less likely to injure yourself.
- No Plateaus: There is a lot of variety which will continue to keep your body challenged.
- Better Muscle Building and Toning than Weightlifting: Unlike weight training, you engage more muscles with these exercises, meaning you build more muscle.
- Burns More Fat: This workout has a great impact on your metabolism.
Are you ready to Be Your Own Gym?
CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Eat right and look and feel your best with Brett Blumenthal's #1 Bestseller "GET REAL" and STOP Dieting! - the most simple, straightforward, no-nonsense plan to eat healthy today, tomorrow and always! BUY IT NOW!
- Will You Bulk up from Weight Training?
- Travel Fitness: TRX Suspension Training System
- Weight Training Basics
- Strength Training
- Strength Training Types