FitSugarSource: Feed Your Skin: 7 Foods to Combat the Winter Dull
It's easy for skin to become dry, flaky, and sallow during the Winter. Before you go out and spend your paycheck on fancy lotions and creams, try nourishing your skin from the inside out - what we put in our body is just as essential for a healthy glow as what we put on it. Here are seven foods that will leave you glowing all Winter long!
- Get That Youthful Glow: If you're not getting enough vitamin A in your diet, then your skin is majorly suffering. Not enough of this nutrient makes skin dry and flaky. The vitamin is also touted for its anti-aging benefits.
- What Wrinkles?: By now we all know that citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit are chock-full of vitamin C, which is great for protecting against immune deficiencies like colds. But this essential nutrient also helps turn back the clock by preventing wrinkles.
- Smooth It Out: You probably already know that sulfur masks are great to put on the skin, but sulfur-rich foods such as eggs and garlic help the skin from the inside out. Sulfur helps keep skin smooth by repairing tissue and elasticity in skin.
- Protect and Heal: Green tea is an all-around healer to skin. It helps protect the skin from melanoma and acts as an anti-inflammatory against acne and cuts.
- Soft and Supple : Fish like salmon, tuna, and trout are high in omega-3s. Those good-for-you fats help soften dry skin by holding in moisture, which helps decrease the look of wrinkles and plumps up skin.
- Repair and Rejuvenate: Foods like oysters, crab, and lean meats are rich in zinc, which makes them great skin soothers. Zinc helps reduce oil production and acne and also helps heal wounds.
- Nature's Sunblock: Bring on the red sauce! Eating tomatoes can actually help block out the sun's harmful UV rays. This is a good thing since sun damage can cause premature aging and skin cancer.
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook