FitSugarSource: Go For Gold: Workout Ideas Inspired by the Olympics
The Olympics are right around the corner, and we can't wait to get in on all the action. But there's no need to just watch the games as a bystander. Get moving with these fun workouts inspired by some of our favorite Olympic sports.
- Weightlifting: You don't have to be a heavyweight champ like Holley Mangold or Sarah Robles to channel your inner powerlifting spirit! If you love to lift, then try out these awesome strength-training routines to help you mix things up. If you're just getting started, then these three simple dumbbell exercises for beginners are a great way to kick things off. Learn how to get the best results from weight training so you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor faster.
- Tennis: Hitting the tennis court is the perfect Summer activity. Find a court in your neighborhood, grab a friend, and start volleying. Having the basic tennis form fundamentals under your belt will make you queen of the court!
- Swimming: The full-body workout you get from swimming does wonders for your shape and your mind. Push yourself with a cardio interval swimming workout, or if a million laps aren't your thing - but jumping in the pool is - then learn how to tone up in the pool.
- Rowing: If you aren't a crew star, then there's no reason you can't get rowing on land! The rowing machine at the gym doesn't get as much action but can be a fantastic workout. Peruse our tips for the rowing machine before you start going.
- Cycling: The warmer weather makes cycling a workout fit for the season. A long bike ride works your whole lower body, whether you're out on a mountain or riding around town. If you've never been out on a rocky trail, then check out these beginner mountain biking tips to help get you moving.
Full-Body Beach Workout With Olympian Kerri Walsh
US Soccer Goalie Hope Solo Talks Training For the Summer Olympics!
Who to Watch on the US Women's Olympic Tennis Team
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook