Call me crazy, but I am weirdly excited about the prospect of a Gwyneth Paltrow exercise DVD!
I'm a little surprised, honestly, because it seems like the exercise video is a route that is taken by serious D-Listers as a pale attempt to boost a career (Carmen Electra much?) and Gwynnie's pretty much got the Hollywood version of a perfect life (well, as perfect as you can get when you're constantly being attacked for your appearance).
Also, I suspect that she might hit the sweet spot of exercise compadres, less manic than Richard Simmons (and definitely less shout-y) while not scaring me the way that Jillian Michaels sometimes does. Granted, the lady hasn't proven her ability to deliver off-the-cuff dialogue, but when she's got a script, she's just this side of mesmerizing. Can she maintain the improv when she's tucking her knee behind her head, or whatever it is that she does for her own fitness routine? I'm dying to find out!
Check out Weetabix's pleading letter to Gwyneth about her crazy raw food diet.
[photo credit: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images]
MORE FROM ELASTIC WAIST AND SELF:
- The beginning of a beautiful relationship with food
- SELF'S Most Inspiring Women of 2008!
- Check out the top movers, shakers and history makers of 2008
- 10 ways to save money by eating more eggs
- Subscribe to SELF for Just a $1.00 an issue and get a free pink striped tote!