FitSugarSource: How Halftime Queen Madonna Stays Healthy and Fit
When people think of Madonna, usually two things come to mind - music and muscles. The famously fit singer always makes exercise and healthy living a priority, and it shows. Whether she's entertaining thousands or just being photographed by paparazzi, Madonna's fit body is always in full view. Her Super Bowl halftime performance will be no different. Before you watch her on stage, learn how she works for that toned body!
- Her Tracy Roots: Just like her friend Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna was a huge fan of Tracy Anderson. Celeb trainer Tracy used her unique dancing-toning workout style to help make Madonna's body rock-hard, and the trainer would accompany Madonna around the world. Madge broke up with Tracy after a few years, but you can still try out Madonna's Tracy Anderson-approved workout here.
- Staying Hydrated: Lady Gaga isn't the only one who's smitten with coconut water while on tour. Madonna is such a fan that she invested in Vita Coco after drinking fresh coconut water every day during her Sticky & Sweet tour. Coconut water is known as nature's sports drink since it contains a lot of essential electrolytes to rehydrate your body after strenuous exercise, so it makes sense that seriously athletic Madonna would be a fan.
- On the Barre: In the last few years, Madonna's been all about the barre. Her latest trainer has been Sadie Lincoln, founder of barre3, a ballet-inspired workout that combines elements of yoga and Pilates as well. Want to get legs and arms like Madonna? Check out our 10-minute barre3 workout video with Sadie.
- Fitness Faves: Madonna's not a one-note athlete - when it comes to fitness, she's tried it all. She's such a Zumba fan that she offers the dance classes in all her Hard Candy gyms around the world, and she has been a runner ever since her 1980s heyday. Not only that, she stays calm and collected by regularly practicing yoga - both on and off the stage. She says it's made her become less "aggressive, wild, and unpredictable" over the years.
- Ready For the Super Bowl: Those football players aren't the only ones who are training hard for the big day. Madonna's workout routine and dance rehearsals to prepare for the Super Bowl halftime show were so strenuous that she pulled a hamstring! "I have never worked so hard or been so scrupulous or detail-oriented or freaked out as much maintaining my sanity," she recently said about the show's prep, which she's been working on since December.
Get the Bod: Cameron Diaz's Legs
Our Favorite Advice From Celebrity Trainers
David Kirsch's Boot Camp Circuit Workout
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook