Easter is a great time of the year, and kids love traditions like the Easter Bunny, hunting for painted eggs, and, of course, Easter Baskets. Unfortunately, this can be a difficult time to keep your family on track with healthy eating, and the team at LIVESTRONG.COM compiled some healthy Easter alternatives to help your family avoid the Easter afternoon sugar crash.
For fill-able Easter Eggs, include:
- Sugar-free gum
- Bouncy Balls
- Movie Coupons - to rent or go to the theater
Non-Candy Snack Items:
- Small raisin boxes
- String Cheese
- Hard Boiled eggs
- Homemade Low-fat muffins / cookies
- Fresh Fruit - colorful and delicious!
- Apples, oranges, banana, pear!
- Dried fruit
- Celery Sticks with Peanut Butter
For Older Kids -- Give What the Person Needs and Likes - Not Just Candy
- iTunes Gift Cards
- Gift Certificates
- Work Out accessories
- -Exercise bands, weights, water bottle, jump rope
- Beauty Items
- Picture Frames
- Chia Pets
- Playing Cards
Non-Edibles that Encourage Learning and Exploration:
- Wind-Up Chicks
- Art Supplies
- Music Toys
- Seeds & Gardening Goves & Tools
- Jewelry Making Kits
- Disposable Camera - then go out on a fun adventure!
- Temporary Tattoos